Highland Park Bowl (near South St. at Reservoir Av, Rochester NY | Officially Marked Monument
This imposing statue of abolitionist, orator, and journalist Frederick Douglass was sculpted by Sidney W. Edwards. Originally it was sited before the Rochester train station at Central Avenue and St. Paul Street, where it was dedicated in 1899. It was moved to Highland Park and rededicated on September 4, 1941.
Nameplate on the plinth supporting the
Sidney Edwards statue of Frederick Douglass.