Smith Observatory

Smith Observatory

Smith Observatory (white) is shown at center. At left is the red-brick residence of observatory director William Brooks. During Brooks's tenure the facility was known as the Red House Observatory, named for the residence.

Smith Observatory

Smith Observatory

The Observatory dome is seen clearly behind the garage, a late addition erected adjacent to the former director's residence.

Smith Observatory

Smith Observatory

This historical marker was placed by the New York State Education Department in 1932.

Associated Causes

Those Involved

Sign Up for our Newsletter

Follow our sponsor on