Caywood Point projects into Seneca Lake at the foot of a steep bluff on the lake’s eastern shore. In 1875, suffragist Elizabeth Smith Miller and six companions purchased the point and erected a summer campground, Fossenvue. Each August, Fossenvue became a regional center of intellectual and cultural life. Visitors, including prominent reform activists, would sail across the lake from Lochland, Miller’s Geneva mansion. Queen’s Castle (built in 1899) is the only surviving Fossenvue structure. Today, the site can be accessed in season by boat or by parking in a wooded lot off Route 414 approximately one mile down the bluff.