The Building and Site. The brick and stone structure was erected in 1900 as Westminster Presbyterian Church. In 1967, the Westminster congregation merged with the First Presbyterian Church at 150 Main Street and abandoned this building. It was acquired at an unknown date by the Free Methodist Church of Hornell. The structure still displays its original name on its cornerstone.
Side view of the 1900 church building, viewed from the Ransom Street side. At left, plastic lettering identifies the structure's current occupant, the Free Methodist Church. But the cornerstone (to left of main entrance) displays the original name of Westminster Presbyterian.